POSITION TITLE: Dog Trainer
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: – Full-time
The dog trainer will be responsible for using a combination of animal behavior skills with practical positive reinforcement teaching skills. Patience, consistency and excellent communication skills using both verbal and non-verbal communication will help to effectively teach the canines and human clients. A dog trainer is responsible for using a variety of learning techniques to effect behavioral changes. Dog trainers must also communicate with dog owners on a regular basis when their dog is training.
As a Barkefellers Dog Trainer, you’ll take part in our proven techniques taught through our trained professionals at Barkefellers University.
Upon completion of the program you will be able to:
- Teach classes to a variety of dog breeds, sizes and ages according to our training program
- Lead each class with an emphasis on the safety and comfort for the dogs and their owners
- Show patience to the dog’s owners and family members when training their very excited dog
- Guide dogs through the entire process of learning the techniques of positive reinforcement training all while having lots of fun training.
In addition, the Dog Trainer must be confident with all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- Provide routine elimination walks
- Assist in light housekeeping duties
- Assist in the hotel as needed
- Assist in the hotel during holidays and peak times
- All other duties assigned.
The employee must be comfortable around all dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes. The employee must be able to lift 40lbs or more depending upon the task. The employee must be able to adhere to the physical demands of the position by being able to run, lift, and bend on any given occasion. The employee must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. The employee must have reliable transportation to and from work in order to show up at their scheduled time and ready for work.
Provide 5-Star Customer Service to Our Furry Guests & Their People!