POSITION TITLE: Groomer
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Client Relations
FLSA STATUS: Commissioned
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time
The Groomer will be responsible for properly and professionally grooming dogs. The Groomer should be able to handle five to seven dogs per day. Breed-standard clipping knowledge is preferred with a minimum of two years’ experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must provide own shears and clippers
- Must greet client dogs’ and take instructions for grooming the client’s in a professional manner
- Must wash, fold, and put away their own towels.
- Must sweep or vacuum grooming room after each dog has been groomed
- Must clean tub and tub walls after each washing
- Must inform owner/manager when shampoo and grooming supplies are running low.
- All other duties assigned by the Manager.
Breed-standard clipping knowledge is preferred with a minimum of two years’ experience. The employee must stay current in all education and attend all mandatory meetings as they become available. The employee must be able to adhere to the physical demands of the position by being able to properly utilize good upper and lower body mechanics when lifting and bending on any given occasion. The employee must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. The employee must have reliable transportation to and from work in order to show up at their scheduled time and ready for work.
Provide 5-Star Customer Service to Our Furry Guests & Their People!